Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bug Synopsis

In the last two or three years, I have realized that my daughter is a mini-version of my grandfather. From her stature, to her narrow feet and gangly toes, to the shape of her fingernails and her laid back attitude...the Borota genes grabbed a hold of this child and didn't let go.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The Bug is about to embark upon high school.  She wrapped up the 8th grade with stellar grades and managed to obtain two high school credits.  She will begin her high school career in the top competition choir.  This is a step beyond varsity.  Because she is totally cool like that.

This kind of involvement often creates a special network of friends.  At the first meeting of the upcoming school year, we were welcomed into "the family".  Hopefully choir will be her safe zone.  I am amazed she made it. I never taught her a thing.  Her voice is purely genetic talent.  Her keen ability to sight read is what secured her spot in this outstanding choir.  Because she is totally talented like that.

And she is meeting it all head on with her typical cool demeanor.  When she shrugs her shoulders and asks "Who cares?" I have to shake away the mental image of my grandfather in his white t-shirt and gray old man pants.

No comments: