Thursday, April 14, 2011

High School Drama

When I wrote the last post in September, I never could have guessed the events that would take place during this school year.  I looked forward to picking up my blogging again.  And yet again, I got distracted.

The Bug has had a heck of a freshman year in high school.  She has bounced back from crazy disappointments, made a plethora of new friends, fell in with a group of kids who look menacing but are actually quite normal, and through it all, she has managed to net herself a class ranking of 16th in 527 students.  Now I am no mathematician but I believe that is the top 4% of her class?

She has dealt with more in one year of high school, than I ever did in my whole high school career.  She has had three boy-friends, was asked out by two girls, got a solo in a major school theatre production, traveled out of state to participate in a national choir competition, has scored nothing less than an 84, traveled on Spring Break to attend a Bon Jovi concert, dealt with her lifelong/childhood companion, Tiki the Chihuahua, being diagnosed with cancer, lost a friend to suicide, and been asked to the Prom by two boys.

And the year is not over yet....

During all this, I have lost 24 pounds, gone down two sizes, and discovered Al-Anon.  It has made an incredible difference in my outlook on life in general.  It has changed my approach to each day.  I feel stronger, I feel like I have more control over my life, my emotions and my reactions to things.  It is an amazing program and I am so grateful to have found it.  I could have never figured these things out on my own.

And in typical Rockstar Mom fashion, this school year will include three concerts.  Three concerts in three months.  I already mentioned Bon Jovi.

Me and the Bug, in an elevator at the St. Anthony Wyndam Hotel, downtown San Antonio, on our way downstairs to catch a cab to the Bon Jovi concert.

Jon Bon Jovi, San Antonio, TX on March 17, 2011


Tomorrow night, the Bug will have her first backstage experience.  We have VIP access as the Avalanche Tour comes to town.  We will be seeing Art of Dying, Halestorm, Skillet, Theory of a Deadman and Stone Sour.  This will be a night of epic proportions.

And next month..... Avenged Sevenfold baby!!!!  Yeah!!! \m/

No comments: