Friday, September 14, 2012

2012 is the year of live music

I have a lot of catching up to do.

In late July, I was given a wonderful gift by my friend Kelly.  I met Kelly in 1981 when we were in the 4th grade together. We reconnected a few years ago on Facebook where she made the announcement that she was looking for someone to go to the Dwight Yoakam concert with her at the ACL Moody Theatre.  The only catch was, she wanted to go super early and be sure to get right smack in front of the stage. I love me some guitars, Cadillacs & hillbilly music. I love me some Dwight. So I was game. We stood front and center with a full on shot of Dwight's camel toe all night long.

 
 
Then one afternoon in August, I was trying to win tickets to see Josh Turner at the ACL Moody Theatre. I was not having much luck. My friend Jennifer contacted me asking if I would be interested in her bosses free tickets. He makes heafty donations to ACL and in return, they give him superb seats to just about every show. He doesn't always use the tickets and gives them away to clients and employees.  Sometimes when the clients and employees don't want to go, I get to go!! Josh Turner sounded as good as he looked. My God, I am convinced the man could stand on stage and mumble incoherantly and I would still squeal with delight.
 


Allow me to backtrack a few months to Sara Evans. She played the rodeo in Austin back in March. Shark is in love with her and the joke is that I would look the other way if she ever came to town and allow him to sow his wild oats however he saw fit. So when it was announced that Sara was going to be in Austin, I not only grabbed tickets, I joined her fan club and threw my name in the ring for a Meet & Greet pass.  Turns out I won said pass and Shark got the opportunity to put his arm around his country sweetheart.

 
Tomorrow I will post pictures of the Lita Ford/Poison/Def Leppard concert. And of course, soon to follow in October are the creme de la creme of all concerts, Nightwish!

No comments: